Air and Liquid Cooled FM Transmitters
The latest FM transmitter series produced by DB Elettronica combine the COLD FET™ technology of high efficiency, with latest generation devices, using high performances PFC filters for the AC/DC conversion.
This kind of technology allows the FM transmitters to reach very high levels of compactness and of energy efficiency with the use of traditional technologies, saving energy, having more manageability and reducing the spaces for the installation. The dimension of a 3 kW air cooled amplifier, in fact, is only 5Ux19” height while in the liquid cooled version it is 3Ux19” with a weight of only 18 kilos!
The redundancy in the power supply system is guaranteed by the use of AC/DC switching power supply units used in “OR” configuration, while the RF redundancy is assured by an “independent contribution” architecture that prevents the complete stop of the equipment even in case of multiple damages on amplification modules.
The power rates of FM solid state transmitters are from 30W to 1kW in the compact version (modulator included ) and up to 40 kW in air or liquid cooled HI-Power version.
Remote control and telemetry units are present on FM transmitters allowing a constant supervising of transmission parameters via internet (WEB SERVER option) or with a SMS to the customer (SMS option).
Why liquid cooling in FM transmitters?
The new generation of transistors, maintaining the same dimensions, are almost 2,5 times more powerful than the typical values of some years ago so they need more efficient cooling systems.
For this reason DB Elettronica has developed a new familiy of FM transmitters with liquid cooling system characterized by:
- Longer life devices: reduced heat sink temperature (< 40° C with 30° C environment, against the typical 80°C in the air) guarantees a considerable extension of the components life.
- Reduced dimensions and weights thanks to the lighter and smaller heat sink. This allows advantages in terms of overall dimensions and portability.
- No more corrosions caused by the continuous passage of air which is often humid and full of dust and corrosive particles (about 18.000 m3 of air per day in a transmitter of 2 kW!).
- More AC power saving since no air conditioning system is necessary.
- Reduced maintenance: no periodical cleaning and substitution of worn parts.
- Instant installation: no conducts for forced air, holes through the wall, extractor fans, etc: you only need to connect 2 flexible tubes to the exchanger.
For further information on COLD FET™ technology, on liquid cooling technology, on FM Solid State Transmitters or on FM Exciters visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org