KF Series - Air Cooled FM Amplifiers
DB Elettronica KF series FM amplifiers are designed to operate in the 87.5 - 108 MHz frequency range for FM radio broadcasting applications.
- COLD FET™ technology. This revolutionary technology, patented Internationally by DB Elettronica, is used in the KF series amplifiers to optimize the output matching of MOS-FET transistors obtaining broadband amplification stages without using RF discrete components. The main advantages of this technology are:
- High RF efficiency
- Lower heating
- Higher devices safety
- Higher total reliability
- Lower AC power consumption
- Uninterrupted service. An intelligent protection circuit reduces the output power without any on-air interruption, keeping the RF devices always within the safe operating parameters in the event of:
- Load mismatching
- Environmental over-temperature
- Cooling failure
- Failure in one or more amplification modules
- Failure in power supply modules
- Broadband. No adjustments are required for full power operation in the whole 87.5÷108 MHz band.
- Switch-mode power supply with power factor control. Highly efficient and widely over-rated power supply modules insure low heating, low AC power consumption and superior reliability. The power factor control circuitry allows to meet all the international requirements for mains network disturbances.
- High efficiency cooling system. The KF series air cooling system limits the heatsink temperature rise to only 10°C above ambient temperature. This assures the transmitter to be able to properly operate even in high ambient temperature sites with hard climate conditions.
- Reduced maintenance. Easy accessibility of all parts, external serviceable cooling air filters, very high MTBF for RF and power supply modules, are only some of the characteristics that explain the very high reduction of maintenance costs obtained with these new series of KF amplifiers.
- Meets or exceeds the international standards for safety and electrical specifications.