KF/L Series - Liquid cooled FM solid state amplifiers
DB Elettronica KF/L series FM amplifiers are designed to operate in the 87.5 - 108 MHz frequency range for FM radio broadcasting applications.
- COLD FET™ technology. This revolutionary technology, patented Internationally by DB Elettronica, is used in the KF/L series amplifiers to optimize the output matching of MOS-FET transistors obtaining broadband amplification stages without using RF discrete components.
- Uninterrupted service. An intelligent protection circuit reduces the output power without any on-air interruption, keeping the RF devices always within the safe operating parameters in the event of:
- Load mismatching
- Environmental over-temperature
- Cooling failure
- Failure in one or more amplification modules
- Failure in power supply modules
- Broadband. No adjustments are required for full power operation in the whole 87.5÷108 MHz band.
- Switch-mode power supply with power factor control. Highly efficient and widely over-rated power supply modules insure low heating, low AC power consumption and superior reliability. The power factor control circuitry allows to meet all the international requirements for mains network disturbances.
- Liquid cooling. An oversized heat exchanger suitable for outdoor or indoor installation and equipped with single or double (optional) pump system for maximum redundancy, is the main component of the powerful liquid cooling system. A special design of liquid cooled heatsinks inside the amplifier and a low pressure liquid distribution system are some of the main characteristics of the DB liquid cooling system, to assure very high reliability, easy installation and very high cooling efficiency. This system is designed to be perfectly suitable for very hard climatic conditions.
- Reduced maintenance. Easy accessibility of all parts and very high MTBF for RF and power supply modules, are only some of the characteristics that explain the very high reduction of maintenance costs obtained with these new series of KF/L amplifiers.
- Meets or exceeds the international standards for safety and electrical specifications.