PF Series - FM Transmitters
- General. DB Elettronica PF series are designed to operate in the 87.5 - 108 MHz frequency range for FM radio broadcasting applications. It is composed of an exciter (various models available), eventually with redundant dual-exciter option, and a KF Series amplifier.
- Digital Stereo Generator (optional). High performance built-in digital stereo coder with stereo separation >65dB and signal/noise ratio >85dB assures the highest audio quality.
- Top quality sound. The FM signal is characterized by an excellent signal/noise ratio and by negligible residual AM and FM. All this guarantees the best broadcasting quality.
- COLD FET™ technology. This revolutionary technology, patented Internationally by DB Elettronica, is used in the PF series transmitters and KF series amplifiers to optimize the output matching of MOS-FET transistors obtaining broadband amplification stages without using RF discrete components. The main advantages of this technology are:
- High RF efficiency
- Lower heating
- Higher devices safety
- Higher total reliability
- Lower AC power consumption
- Uninterrupted service. An intelligent protection circuit reduces the output power without any on-air interruption, keeping the RF devices always within the safe operating parameters in the event of:
- Load mismatching
- Environmental over-temperature
- Cooling failure
- Failure in one or more amplification modules
- Failure in power supply modules
- Broadband. No adjustments are required for full power operation in the whole 87.5÷108 MHz band.
- Switch-mode power supply with power factor control. Highly efficient and widely over-rated power supply modules insure low heating, low AC power consumption and superior reliability. The power factor control circuitry allows to meet all the international requirements for mains network disturbances.
- High efficiency cooling system. The PF series air cooling system limits the heatsink temperature rise to only 10°C above ambient temperature. This assures the transmitter to be able to properly operate even in high ambient temperature sites with hard climate conditions.
- Reduced maintenance. Easy accessibility of all parts, external serviceable cooling air filters, very high MTBF for RF and power supply modules, are only some of the characteristics that explain the very high reduction of maintenance costs obtained with this new PF series.
- Full remote control capability (optional). Power output adjustment, on/off, alarms reset, forward and reflected power output, frequency deviation measurements and alarms status are only some of the parameters and controls available via remote control system.
- N+1 facility (optional). N+1 facility control available to modify remotely the frequency and power output for redundant systems.
- AES/EBU digital interface (optional). Standard AES/EBU digital stereo audio interface available as option.
- Meets or exceeds the international standards for safety and electrical specifications.
Click aqui para Información Técnica y noticias en Español
Cliquez ici pour plus d'Informations Techniques et des Nouvelles en français
Click here for Technical Information and News in English