PF/L Series - Liquid Cooled FM Transmitters
- General. DB Elettronica PF/L series is designed to operate in the 87.5 - 108 MHz frequency range for FM radio broadcasting applications. It is composed of an exciter (various models available), eventually with redundant dual-exciter option, and a KF/L Series amplifier.
- COLD FET™ technology. This revolutionary technology, patented Internationally by DB Elettronica, is used in the PF/L series to optimize the output matching of MOS-FET transistors obtaining broadband amplification stages without using RF discrete components. The main advantages of this technology are:
- High RF efficiency
- Lower heating
- Higher devices safety
- Higher total reliability
- Lower AC power consumption
- Broadband. No adjustments are required for full power operation in the whole 87.5÷108 MHz band.
- Liquid cooling. An oversized heat exchanger suitable for outdoor or indoor installation and equipped with single or double (optional) pump system for maximum redundancy, is the main component of the powerful liquid cooling system. A special design of liquid cooled heatsinks inside the amplifier and a low pressure liquid distribution system are some of the main characteristics of the DB liquid cooling system, to assure very high reliability, easy installation and very high cooling efficiency. This system is designed to be perfectly suitable for very hard climatic conditions. Substantial advantages of our liquid cooling technology respect to the air cooling one are:
- Perfect work in hard ambient conditions
- Guaranteed operation in very dusty locations, also with high humidity or salinity
- Acoustic noise almost absent
- Reduced heat radiation into the environment
- Longer life for transistors and active elements due to colder continuous operation
- Reduced maintenance. Easy accessibility of all parts and very high MTBF for RF and power supply modules, are only some of the characteristics that explain the very high reduction of maintenance costs obtained with this new PF/L series.
- Full remote control capability (optional). Power output adjustment, on/off, alarms reset, forward and reflected power output, frequency deviation measurements and alarms status are only some of the parameters and controls available via remote control system.
Click aqui para Información Técnica y noticias en Español
Cliquez ici pour plus d'Informations Techniques et des Nouvelles en français
Click here for Technical Information and News in English