KD Series - UHF TV Amplifiers - Air Cooled
- New LDMOS technology. Using the latest LDMOS technology and new PA module design, the KD Series amplifiers are extremely rugged and exhibit excellent thermal characteristics. Linearity and IMD performances are better than older bi-polar technology. This means an excellent transmission quality with analogue or digital modulation.
- Digital ready. The KD Series amplifiers are designed to assure extremely high performances also for digital television modulation (DVB-T, ATSC, etc…). Each KD’s Series amplifier is also easily upgradeable for digital transmission. Optional kits are available for field digital upgrading. This reduces the cost of later upgrade to digital while providing the best quality of analogue service currently available.
- Frequency-agile. KD Series amplifiers are fully broadband. All RF stages ahead of the output filters can operate on any UHF channel with instantaneous settings.
- Modular assembly. Easy removable identical and interchangeable power amplifier modules and power supplies simplify the maintenance, reducing spare requirement and service costs.
- Full control logic unit. A powerful control logic unit allows full local or remote (optional) control of the transmitter or amplifier. Available as option also the SMS remote managing system or the TCP/IP web server system to meet any requirement for remote control networks.
- On-air serviceability. Power supplies and power amplifier modules can be safely removed during operation, for on-air maintenance. Failure or module removal keep always transmitter on-air.
- High redundancy. High on-air reliability is assured by using multiple power amplifier modules, each comprised of multiple internal PA’s, with independent power supplies and optional dual exciter or dual driver configurations.
- Low maintenance. The overall operating costs are reduced and the maintenance is optimised for two year intervals thanks to the absence of wear-out mechanism in solid state devices.
- Power supply. A rugged, high-efficiency (> 93%) switching power supply support each PA module. Power supplies are protected from incoming AC line overvoltage, overcurrent, transient and lightningand are equipped with power factor control circuitry to meet all standards for mains network disturbances.