MD/L Series - UHF Liquid Cooled Solid State High Power Television Transmitters
- New LDMOS technology. Using the latest LDMOS technology and new PA module design, the MD Series transmitters are extremely rugged and exhibit excellent thermal characteristics. Linearity and IMD performances are better than older bi-polar technology. This means an excellent transmission quality with analogue or digital modulation.
- Digital ready. The MD Series transmitters are designed to assure extremely high performances also for digital television modulation (DVB-T, ATSC, etc…). Each MD’s Series transmitter is also easily upgradeable for digital transmission. Optional kits are available for field digital upgrading. This reduces the cost of later upgrade to digital while providing the best quality of analogue service currently available.
- Frequency-agile. MD Series transmitters are fully broadband. All RF stages ahead of the output filters can operate on any UHF channel with instantaneous settings.
- Modular assembly. Easy removable identical and interchangeable power amplifier modules and power supplies simplify the maintenance, reducing spare requirement and service costs.
- Full control logic unit. A powerful control logic unit allows full local or remote (optional) control of the transmitter or amplifier. Available as option also the SMS remote managing system or the TCP/IP web server system to meet any requirement for remote control networks.
- On-air serviceability. Power supplies and power amplifier modules can be safely removed during operation, for on-air maintenance. Failure or module removal keep always transmitter on-air.
- High redundancy. High on-air reliability is assured by using multiple power amplifier modules, each comprised of multiple internal PA’s, with independent power supplies and optional dual exciter or dual driver configurations.
- Low maintenance. The overall operating costs are reduced and the maintenance is optimised for two year intervals thanks to the absence of wear-out mechanism in solid state devices.
- Power supply. A rugged, high-efficiency (> 93%) switching power supply support each PA module. Power supplies are protected from incoming AC line overvoltage, overcurrent, transient and lightningand are equipped with power factor control circuitry to meet all standards for mains network disturbances.
- Advanced LCD monitoring system provide full front panel transmitter control capabilities and extensive metering of individual modules. Standard or special remote control interfaces are also available.
- Liquid cooling. An oversized heat exchanger suitable for outdoor or indoor installation and equipped with single or double (optional) pump system for maximum redundancy, is the main component of the powerful liquid cooling system. A special design of liquid cooled heatsinks inside the amplifier and a low pressure liquid distribution system are some of the main characteristics of the DB liquid cooling systems. This assures very high reliability of the cooling system, easy installation and very high cooling efficiency for perfect operation also in very hard climatic conditions. Substantial advantages of our liquid cooling system respect to air cooling are:
- Perfect work in hard ambient conditions
- Guaranteed operation also in very dusty locations, also with high humidity or salinity
- Acustic noise almost absent
- Reduced heat radiation into the environment
- Longer life for transistors and active elements due to colder operation
- Meets or exceeds all international standards for safety and electrical requirements
Click aqui para Información Técnica y noticias en Español
Cliquez ici pour plus d'Informations Techniques et des Nouvelles en français
Click here for Technical Information and News in English