GFDT - Digital TV SFN Gap Fillers
The GFDT Gap Filler Digital Repeater is a professional repeater for on-channel signal repetition in Single Frequency Networks (SFN) networks. This unit can work as stand-alone repeater to provide a high quality RF signal for DVB-T/H (ISDB-T on request) transmissions.
- Stable operation in any environment this GFDT unit is designed to have the highest possible gain and the more complete grade of protection for the amplifier against excessive levels that would damage or even destroy it.
- Selection between automatic and manual gain control. The user has the possibility to select between the automatic and manual gain control with adjustable maximum gain.
- A built-in linear and non-linear pre-corrector function allows the optimization of the overall transmission system performance to perform a manual compensation of the non-linearities typical of the RF power amplifiers.
- Adaptive pre-corrector GFDT/ADP (optional): this facility, available under request, provides continuous automatic optimization of the transmitter performance in an extremely fast way (10-20 seconds).
- Frequency agile: thanks to an analogue pre-filtering combined with a sophisticated digital filtering, the frequency selectivity in the range 30-1000 MHz (with 1 Hz step) is very accurate and so, the channel filtering between the receiving antenna and the GFDT input could be avoid.
- Five different internal filters available: the GFDT unit offers the possibility of a selection between five different filters and also the possibility of adding a user specific filter characteristic optimize the selectivity between the input and output signals.
- Echo canceller. The parasitic effects between the transmitting and receiving antennas due to the use of the same frequency are limited thanks to the built-in echo canceller. This advanced facility is able to cancel the feedback between the antennas due to the parasitic coupling between them and also to strong dynamic characteristics due to the outdoor environment.
- Remote interface: to allow easy remote control and monitoring of the GFDT, a remote interface with webservice and SNMP client is included (full control via Ethernet and RS232).